Raspberry Cupcakes With Rose Frosting

It's a new year! (well I know I am a little late). But anyway this is my first post in 2018. I usually don't do New Year's resolutions, but I thought it would be a great idea to aim at posting more recipes this year. This will not be too difficult as I wasn't  very active on the blog last year.

I'm going to start with these raspberry cupcakes I baked for my mother's birthday last year. They were soft and jucy inside with a sweet buttercream rose on top. You can also just shape your frosting any other way you prefer, it will look and taste great either way. If the buttercream is to sweet for you, you can just leave it and enjoy this as a muffin.

I won't talk any longer and share my recipe with you now.

Ingredients (makes 6 cupcakes):

60g  soft butter or margarine
60g  sugar
60g  flour
50g  raspberries
1  egg
1  tsp of baking powder

For the buttercream:

150g  soft butter or margarine
30-40g  icing sugar
some pink food coloring

Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Stir in the butter, egg and the raspberries until the batter comes together. Fill into muffin liners and bake for 12-18 minutes at 180 degrees. Whisk the soft butter, icing sugar and food coloring until it forms a fluffy buttercream. Fill into a piping bag with a rose flower piping nozzle or any other nozzle you like. Wait until the cupcakes are fully cooled and decorate them with the buttercream.


Comments

Popular Posts