Rhubarb Crumble



As every year I was really looking forward to rhubarb season. I love rhubarbs and even eat them raw sometimes. My grandmother has four big rhubarb plants in her garden, so I always have plenty of it to use. 


This year me (and especially my boyfriend) couldn't get enough of this rhubarb crumble. Therefore I made it about four times and even put some rhubarbs in the freezer. This way I can bake rhubarb crumble all year long.


 This dessert can be prepared in advance and left in the fridge until you bake it. It's even more delicious if you serve it fresh out of the oven with some ice cream.


I won't talk any longer  and share the recipe with you now.

For the filling:

- 450 g of cut rhubarbs
- 4 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 0.5 dl of apple juice

For the crumble:

- 110g of flour
- 20g oats
- 50g sugar
- 40g brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 20g ground almonds
- 110g of soft butter or margarine
- some ground cinnamon and cardamom
- a pinch of salt

Mix all the dry ingredients for the filling with your hand or a spoon and than add the apple juice. Put the mixture in a ofen-save bowl. For the crumble mix all the ingredients except the butter. When done add the soft butter and knead until you get a dough like structure. Crumble the dough on top of the rhubarb filling. Heat the oven to 180°C  and put it in there for about 20 minutes or until your rhubarb is soft and your crumble gets a golden brown color. Put some fresh strawberries on top. Serve still hot and add some ice cream or whipped cream if you like. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts